CMS Countdown to ICD-10 Implementation
[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0) OR current_user_is(administrator)]
From: Angela Gazzillo-Weidhorn
We strongly encourage you to view the attached CMS presentation for details.
Below are features of the ICD-10 transition
- ICD-10 code transition will occur on October 1, 2015
- ICD-10 codes will impact all providers in every health care setting
- ICD-10 codes will not impact CPT & HCPC codes
- Determination of which code set to use is driven by date of service not billing date or submission of the claim. (Note that the date of service is defined as the date of discharge for inpatient billing)
- Claims for dates of service prior to October 1, 2015 must be coded in ICD-9
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes can not appear on the same claim. The claim will be rejected.
- Claims submitted for dates of service after October 1, 2015 that contain ICD-9 codes will be rejected
Free coding resources are available. For more information log into: https://www.cms.gov//Medicare/Coding/icd10/
Additionally, I have been in contact with the payers to ensure their systems are ready for ICD-10 by October 1, 2015. The payers advised that they are prepared for ICD-10; therefore, you should be prepared as well in order to avoid disruptions with your business.
All correspondence from CARE is confidential and proprietary and is strictly intended for the use of its Members.
CMS_ICD-10_Presentation (270.3 KiB, 0 hits)
You do not have permission to download this file.
This content is for Provider Members only.